Wednesday, February 23, 2011

18 and Life

We got a bit of snow and ice yesterday and I worked from home, in my sweats. I had to go out in the early evening and decided to spruce myself up a bit. An easy and quick outfit wall all that I could manage, so I picked this skirt and sweater combo. When I found this skirt at the thrift store, I almost didn't buy it. Then I stopped to consider its possiblities and at $4 I couldn't walk away. I'm so glad I decided it was worth a try.

Sweater - Target, Skirt - thrifted (Goodwill), Boots - thrifted (Finder's Keepers),
Scarf - ?, Belt - Target, Tights - Lane Bryant, Bracelet - Self Made (Beaux Bijoux)



I wish I'd taken a close up picture of this scarf. The detail and color in it is so pretty and the photo doesn't do it justice. I'm always amazed at the way that accessories elevate an outfit. One of my favorite movie lines is from Steel Magnolias. Clairee says, "The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize." It makes me laugh every time I see the movie.







Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...