Wednesday, January 19, 2011

30 for 30 - A new adventure

As you know, I have not really ventured into the realm of personal style pictures. I've had readers ask me about my outfits and ask for pictures but I haven't had the guts to post any yet.  In an effort to please my readers and gain some personal courage, I'm going to embark on the 30 for 30 Remix challenge. 

Fellow blogger Kendi of Kendi Everyday has a great blog and is a champion of remixing.  She came up with the idea of the 30 for 30 Remix.  You pick 30 items, including shoes but not including jewelry and accessories and wear only those items for 30 days.  The idea is to mix and match the items into different outfits. Oh, did I mention that you also aren't allowed to shop during the 30 days either!  That's a challenge in and of itself. There is a theory that we wear only 20% of our closet 80% of the time.  I'm a big proponent of remixing your wardrobe.  I've never been one who only buys outfits. Thanks to my Mom I purchase items I love with the idea of mixing them with other items in my closet. That's the foundation of 30 for 30

I've signed up to be a remixer. 30 for 30 begins February 1st. Cheers to 2011, new challenges, courage and adventures.


Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...