Friday, September 19, 2014

Frugal Fashion Friday - Fashion of Goodwill 2014

One of my favorite yearly fashion events is the Fashion of Goodwill Runway show and pop-up shop. It's a fun night of fashion, shopping, and socializing. The best part is that it all benefits the employment and training programs of Goodwill of Greater Washington. This year the theme was "Let's Get to Work" and highlighted some of the frugal and stylish work related fashion to be found at Goodwill stores. The event was held at the Marriott Marquis in DC. Many of the employees that work at the hotel were part of a cooperative job training initiative between Goodwill and Marriott!



 This was my outfit for the evening. If you follow me on Instagram, you know I wore these pink pants and the tank to work. I swapped my jacket, shoes and jewelry for some that were a little more evening wear inspired. I had a blast with friends and fellow bloggers, Brea of What I Wore Tip to Toe, Alison of Wardrobe Oxygen, Vivi of Heart, Print and Style, Alison of DC Celine, Whitney of Whitney Nic James and of course the DC Goodwill Fashionista!


Cocktails and Good Food
Great fashion coming down the runway.

The team that puts together the show, does a great job of styling Goodwill fashion for the runway. I loved many of the looks that they put together. If you'd like to own a piece of the runway, there are some fabulous items still available. Just click this link and bid. There is a men's Christian Dior trench coat just waiting for the right buyer.

One of my favorite parts of the evening is the pop-up shop. Goodwill pulls clothing, shoes and accessories from their stores all over the DC area. There were so many pieces I wanted to take home. I had to keep myself in check.



I scored a tweed jacket from Talbots for $6.98 and this t-shirt. It was shown during the runway show on a male model and I just had to have it. After the show they brought out some of the pieces from runway. My friend, the DC Goodwill Fashionista and I, stalked the racks and I grabbed it. I'm sure I will be wearing it this weekend.


I've been fortunate to find amazing items at Goodwill stores over the years. It's a great way to spend an afternoon. I have shopped Goodwill stores as far away as Florida. My favorite stores in the DC area are in Alexandria, Arlington, and Falls Church. You can search for Goodwill stores in the DC area here. If you don't live in the DC area, search here for a Goodwill store near you. The proceeds from Goodwill stores go to support the employment and training programs in your area.



Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...