Tuesday, November 18, 2014

I'm Obsessed Thank You Very Much - Biker (Moto) Jackets

I am obsessed and love biker/moto jackets. Specifically, I'm obsessed with purchasing a new biker jacket, in leather. You can see evidence of my biker jacket love here and here. In fact, as many of you know, I wore my fave jacket when leaving our wedding. I grabbed my great faux leather moto jacket (pictured below) at Target quite a few years ago. It's held up amazingly well. I wear it constantly. But after all of that love it's looking a tad worn in a few places and even worse, it's getting too big. I've lost and am still losing some weight and my beloved jacket is beginning to look baggy and a bit frumpy. I'm not asking for sympathy, after all a new jacket is in my future. Maybe someone else will grab it from Goodwill, when I donate it, and love it as much as I have.

Leaving our wedding reception.

I've found quite a few that I like but I'm still looking for the perfect option. There are so many great faux leather options out there but this time I really want to invest in a leather version. I know I will wear it and love it and I will get my money's worth. The versatility of this jacket is endless and I adore its ability to toughen up a pretty outfit (like a wedding dress).



I also love biker jackets for their simplicity. Pair them with sweaters, jeans and boots or a t-shirt, jeans and heels. Any combination will work. The only limit is your stylish imagination.


 
 
Celebrities like Kate Moss, Victoria Beckham and Keri Russell love biker jackets as much as I do. They are constantly photographed wearing this classic style. Of course Victoria's Jacket is Balenciaga and she's wearing it with a Birkin. Kate's jacket is YSL. She usually wears hers with a t-shirt and jeans. I'm not sure who designed Keri's jacket but I love that she's wearing it with a plain white t-shirt and some distressed jeans. I already own every piece of this chic outfit. Now all I need is a new jacket!
 

Do you own a biker jacket?

photo credits (top to bottom): Harper's Bazaar, Stockholm Street Style, Rue Magazine, modelsjam.com, getty images, unknown photog, getty images


Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...