Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Inspiration - Messy Braids

I've been smitten with messy braids ever since I spotted this one on Blake Lively. The forecast here in DC this week is calling for some rain and a braid is my go to when the weather is bad. Curling my fine hair in wet weather is a complete waste of time. A braid looks chic and will last all day and even better that it's supposed to look messy. When I get caught in the rain or wind blown, I'll be able to hide that I'm a hot mess. 


In order to create a braid this full and messy, I have to add texture to my hair. Products and teasing usually do the trick. I found lots of great styles to try.

Inspiration - Messy Braids


Here is a great tutorial from A Beautiful Mess (the style in the upper left is from their blog). I think it might even be easy enough, even for me and my fine, hard to style, hair. These braids will even work at the beach this summer. BONUS!




Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...