Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Accessories - Unexpected Sources

Accessories are the icing on the cake that is your outfit. They elevate a simple gray t-shirt to evening wear status or turn a tulle skirt into day wear. Shopping for accessories is something I do constantly. The best part is finding them in places that you wouldn't consider typical.

Unexpected Accessory Finds



Drugstore sunglasses
One of my favorite pairs of sunglasses and that recieve lots of compliments came from Walgreens. These sunglasses are Foster Grant and cost just $12! This style is no longer available from Foster Grant but these are similar.


{msL} and I at the beach last year, both pairs are drugstore shades

Hardware Store jewelry
Rope bracelets have been really popular in past years. I love a good DIY and I constantly look for fun new projects. I've made bracelets from rope, wire, and other hardware. Last year our beach trip turned rainy so I made a trip to the hardware store for copper wire. I made lots of rings and toe rings for the girls.




Airport gift shop scarves
I have a bit of a scarft problem. I've collected pashmina like scarves in every color. They are great for polishing an outfit. Somehow I always think a woman looks more chic wearing a scarf. My best find for these inexpensive scarves is airport gift shops.  They usually sell them in every color and for about $10. Score!





What is your favorite unexpected spot for accessories?


photo credit (scarves bottom): the gloss


Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...