Thursday, June 6, 2013

Summer Beauty

During the warm summer months I switch up my makeup.  In the winter my skin needs more moisture.  In the summer, my former teenage skin kicks in and if my makeup is too heavy, I feel greasy. I also gravitate toward less eye makeup, unless I'm going out at night.  Liquid, winged eyeliner doesn't fly at the beach.

RGR - Summer Beauty
Click the photos above for information.


BB cream is my new buddy. I've tried several and this version by Maybelline is my favorite, so far. It's light, gives good coverage and strikes the right balance of moisture and non-greasy. I always wear eyeliner and Revlon's ColorStay pencil, stays put even in the heat. I'm a new fan of Revlon Lash Potion mascara. I received it to try out and it's great. When I'm swimming or at the beach, I use Maybelline Lash Stiletto Waterproof in brownish/black. It gives my lashes color without looking too made up. Revlon's Photo Ready cream blush in Flushed works great on my summer skin. It's a pretty pink (there are two other colors) that lasts.  No matter the time of year, I'm never without my Cle de Peau concealer.  It covers my dark circles and any other issues, it's also water resistant.  During warmer months, I ditch my colored polish in favor of nude and I use bright colors on my toes. I love colorful polish with my sandals.

We have a pool and we spend time at the beach, so I'm outside constantly. I always wear hats but I also add a much higher SPF sunscreen to my routine. Last but not least, I always start with a high level SPF.  Neutrogena is my all time favorite.  The Ultra Sheer Liquid in SPF 70 is light, gives great protection and my dermatologist swears by the brand.

Do you switch up your makeup routine during the summer?



Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...