Monday, August 13, 2012

Ode to Short Hair

Fortunately for me, my hair grows fast. I've never worried much about changing my hair because I figure it's easy to change it again, if I don't like the way it looks. That's not to say that I've never had a hair meltdown.  I've had a few.  Once when I was a teen, I asked for a feathered, Farah Fawcett cut and I got a mullet like shag.  There were tons of tears and stress while it grew out.  The biggest stresses have been about color. Luckily for me, that is an easy change. Once there was a platinum blonde mistake that took hours to create and then correct.  It also took many days to get my scalp back to normal. Lots of pain.  I've done a few shades of dark brown that I didn't love and some shades of red that were fun at the moment.  Right now, I'm dying to change my hair and go short again.  I love being able to style my long hair but I miss the ease and fun on my short styles.  This photo of Miley Cyrus' new cut made me want to chop mine off even more...

photo credit: @MileyCyrus

She went from a shoulder grazing cut to this fantastic short style. I love it and she's thrilled with her new do.  I really want a messy up do for our wedding in April so I'm fighting my urge to cut.  This little post is an effort to enjoy my short hair without cutting it (until after the wedding).  My first super short do was in high school when I had an asymmetrical do that was spiked on the side and long in the front.  I will post a picture someday, if I can find one.  It's been short and long and all phases in between. Some haven't been my favorites and I've changed them quickly. At the time the change was good for me and was good for me. It gave me the lift I needed.

2012


2009

2008
2007
2005 (me and my Honey)
The moral of my story (and I think Miley's too) is to try something new.  If you don't like the result, you can always change it again.  Talk to your stylist about your hair and your face shape, they can give you great advice.  A new hairstyle can change the way you feel, lift your mood and give you wings. If you take a chance it can make you feel like a new woman.





Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...