Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Rainy Shopping - The Essentials

I'm taking some time off this week to visit my Mom and have time with my sister and my Honey.  I love after Christmas shopping but today it's raining and I think that takes a little strategy.  Hauling packages and running from store to store can be a bummer in the rain. With a little wardrobe planning you can brave the day, still look great and get in some power shopping!

Clockwise from top left: Chooka Serpentis Rain Boots, Goody Double Duty Hair Ties, KDNY Kelsi Dagger bag,
Chooka Preakness Rain Boots, ISAACMIZRAHILIVE! by QVC Snake Print Jacket,
Forever 21 Houndstooth Stitch Cross Body Bag

I think that rainy day shopping calls for four essential items; a coat or jacket with a hood, stylish rain boots, a cross body bag (preferrably water resistant) and hair ties.

  1. Rain Coat or Hacket with a Hood - When I hauling packages, I don't want to have to juggle an umbrella.  A hood keeps your "do" looking great and keeps your hands free. If you aren't a hat person or don't want to wear a hat all day, a hood is your go to. The Water Resistant Snake Print Jacket from ISAACMIZRAHILIVE! by QVC is a great option. It comes in four colors, has a hood, looks stylish and comes in all sizes for $77.34.
  2. Stylish Rain Boots - These two pairs by Chooka are great. They don't scream rainboot, which I love. They can also double as a cold weather boot. The metallic print of the Serpentis boots are stylish and affordable at only $34.31.  The Preakness boots are a bit more expensive at $80 but they are so stylish you could get away with wearing them when there is nary a cloud in the sky.
  3. Cross Body Bag - You need your hands free for a day of shopping but also for lugging your purchases to the car.  You don't want to worry about your bag and these are faux leather so they won't be ruined by the rain. The KDNY Kelsi Dagger bag is fun with the blue trim and chain strap for $75.  The Houndstooth Stitch bag in mustard is a bright color on a cloudy day and is very affordable at $22.81 from Forever 21.
  4. Hair Ties - If you are like me your hair hates the rain.  I usually go for a pony tail on days like this one or I start out with my hair down and relent later in the day. These hair ties by Goody are genius. They look like bracelets but are the same dependable Goody hair ties you've used for years. They are called Double Duty for a reason. You get three ties for about $4.99.

Happy Rainy Day Shopping
Real Girls!







Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...