Friday, September 30, 2011

Frugal Fashion Friday - Five Ways to Update

I haven't been so happy to see a Friday in a long time. It's been a hectic week and I need some rest. I couldn't let you all down and fail to post today.  I have this little gem and I'll be posting the winners of the JewelMint contest a little later.

I would love to buy all of the latest items and cool trends each season but that's never possible.  My budget isn't that large. That's why I hold onto so many clothes and accessories. I have a terrible time getting rid of anything because as soon as I do, I want to wear it again. Even though I'm limited and recycling is great, I love to buy a few new items.  I thought I'd pick some of my favorite trends for fall. I'm sure you all don't have unlimited budgets either. With these five items you can give your fall outfits an update without breaking the bank.

Four Ways To Update
 
Capes
Look at any magazine and capes are everywhere this fall.  I love them because they are easy to wear, very forgiving and totally versatile.  You can find them in every color, fabric and style.  The belted version looks best on me because it defines my waist.  I also love the loose flowy version for weekends as a great jacket alternative. Luckily for me, my amazingly talented Mom hand made a cape for me as a Christmas gift.  I can't wait to wear it and show it to all of you.
 
Loafers
Heeled or low, loafers are a preppy staple.  There are so many different styles.  If you pick a pair with color or in a metallic, it will stand out and give a modern take. Loafers with heels and platforms are everywhere.  I picked a couple of flat loafers because I love them and think there are fun even without the heel.
 
Lady Like Bags
Bags with lady like style were also a spring trend. If you got one, then you are a step ahead.  I found a couple of vintage bags at thrift and resale shops for a steal.  Select a version that fits your life.  Lady like bags come in all shapes and sizes. I like ones with top handles and a detachable strap.  For me, it takes the structured bag and makes it easier to use on a daily basis.

Python
Bags, belts and shoes in python print can update your look with something fresh but also timeless.  Adding an accessory with this animal print can be a standout without being over the top. Python is exotic but it also mixes well with your darker fall color options. You can wear it with black or brown. There are even options in dyed, bright colored python if you are looking for bold.
 
Mixed Metals
Mixing metals like mixing black and brown used to be taboo.  Now it's an attention getting fun way to change up your accessories.  There are fun options in every type of jewelry.  You don't even have to buy something new.  Mix the gold, silver, rose gold, or gunmetal items you already own.  Stack some bracelets. Pile on several necklaces. Wear more than one ring. It's another way to be a little bold in a small way, without going too far out on a limb.
 
These accessories can give you a fun and budget friendly update.  Which items are you going to try?


Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...