Friday, May 6, 2011

Frugal Fashion Fridays - Drugstore Finds

This is the beauty edition of Frugal Fashion Friday.  You don't need to spend a fortune for great beauty products.  These items can be found at your local neighborhood drugstore. They will give you lots of value for your money. These are products I actually use myself. I'd never recommend something to you that I didn't love.  Some of them may surprise you a little.

$11
I've sung the praises of Neutrogena Liquid moisturizer with SPF before.  Many lotions only contain SPF of 15 or 25, even though most dermatologists recommend much higher.  Using SPF is key to slowing down those wrinkles even on days when you are in the office and not at the beach.  This one is lightweight and not greasy, even under makeup.

$4
I am the queen of polish smudging.  I have serious trouble sitting still long enough for my polish to dry. Sally Hansen Insta-Dri has saved me more times than I can count. They have a good range of colors from neutrals to brights and they only take a few minutes to dry!


$10

One of my hard and fast beauty rules is that I remove my makeup every night before bed.  These little beauties, RoC Daily Resurfacing Disks are in my arsenal.  They remove all of my makeup, moisturize and exfoliate. I love the little pocket for your fingers and the fact that the pad contains a two step process in one little applicator.


$6
I've tried lots of lipsticks, in fact, I'm a bit of lip color junkie.  If lipstick has a funny smell or taste then I don't care how great the color is, I won't wear it, ever.  Revlon Colorburst Lipstick has a pretty range of colors for all skin tones, color you can layer, creamy texture, and good smell and taste. Candy Pink is my favorite for spring and summer.


$2.99

I use Tea Tree Oil for everything from rough elbows and heels to cuticles and fly-aways. There are a ton of different brands but I get this one at CVS for less than $3.


$8

I've been using Just for Men Mustache & Beard hair color to touch up my roots and grays for years.  A great hairstylist turned me on to it before Clairol ever started selling root touch up. The reason I love this brand and still use it for touch ups is that you can mix just a small amount at a time to get only a few places.  It lasts through several applications, depending on how much you use and it fades gradually. The cost per application is only about $2.  I'm sure this one is a shocker to you. It's really the best product I've found for a super quick touch up on my temples or right at my part. I don't use it for full root application but it's so easy for instant color. I also love a product called Colormark but it washes out after one shampoo.

There are so many great beauty buys to be found at your local drugstore.  Do you have favorites?  Leave me comment and tell me about them.


Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...