Friday, May 13, 2011

Frugal Fashion Friday: My All Kohl's Fashion Day

I know this post is a bit late but Blogger was down all night Thursday and into today. Here it is, late on Friday but it's still Frugal Fashion Friday.

How do I love thee Kohl's? Let me count the ways. There are so many reasons I love Kohl's. They have a large selection of clothes and styles in every size. Their brands pick up on the latest trends and their celebrity lines are fresh. Above all, their prices are good and they have great sales. I decided to create an outfit composed only of Kohl's finds, including jewelry.  Here are the results.


Jacket - Simply Vera Vera Wang (no longer available), Dress - Daisy Fuentes (found in store, this season),
 Shoes - Simply Vera Vera Wang (no longer available)
Jacket - $30
Dress - $35
Shoes - $25
Necklace - $15
Bracelets - $9
Watch - $20 (sale plus Kohl's dollars)
TOTAL - $114

I've worn this jacket so many times since I purchased it a couple of years ago. My only regret is that I didn't buy it in the other color. The collar so cool. It has this amazing bungee chord that allows you to lay it flat or scrunch it for a different look. I also love the shape. It even has hidden pockets on the side seams that don't add bulk.

I know I'll be wearing this dress constantly. The ruching at the waist is flattering. The generous cut at the top means I can wear a regular bra. That's a bonus because I hate strapless bras. There's also no accidental cleavage and boob flashing. Double bonus!




I got these shoes last year. They were a season ahead of the flatform trend. They have a tiny slope but when I wear them I feel like I'm wearing flats. 





Necklace - Simply Vera Vera Wang (no longer available), Bracelets - Candies and Abbey Dawn, Watch - Relic,
NOTE: The small chain bracelet and engagement ring are not Kohl's

I'm so happy with the results of my experiment. I felt so great wearing this outfit. I was comfortable all day.  I'm sure I could do this again with other items I own from Kohl's.  Are there stores or brands you could use for your own experiment?


Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...