Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Moment of Lust: Atelier Versace Spring 2009

Today my moment of lust is a design house and not just a specific dress. I was just looking over photos from the Atelier Versace Spring 2009 collection when I came upon this stunning creation.


photo credit: nymag.com

I wish two things. One, that I could afford this dress and two, that I had an event to attend where I could wear this piece of art. Then of course I'd also need a closet large enough for storage.

I am in awe of the craftsmanship, design, and beauty that is Atelier Versace. This house is also responsible for the gown that Marissa Tomei wore to the Oscars and the gown that Carrie wore in her Paris hotel room while waiting for Aleksandr. Carrie's gown has 1,000 layers. I remember reading somewhere that it weighed 60 pounds!


photo credits: wireimage and unknown

Normally, I would post a less expensive version of my lust. I don't really think that is possible. This type of craftsmanship can't be duplicated cheaply. I'll keep looking but I doubt that I will be successful.


Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...