Monday, March 4, 2013

Insta Monday

The last few weeks have been a blur and I have to admit, it won't be slowing down anytime soon. I'm going to push myself to make time for blogging this week. Between work, other obligations and wedding planning I'm a bit overwhelmed. I've been trying to tweet and post on Facebook and Instagram.  I haven't be great at those either but we are just a little than a month away from the wedding.  Life and blogging will be back on track soon. Well, in about 6 weeks.  It may get worse before it gets better. Since my phone has been my constant companion, I have managed to take pictures lately.

My favorite new piece of jewelry. 
 For Christmas, my Mom gave me a monogram ring. I've been wanted one like this for years and this style is very hard to find.  Signet styles abound but this cut out version is elusive.  I'm just noticing in this blown up version, how dry my winter hands look.  I need exfoliation desperately. 


Love my new floral pants that match my red suede pumps from Talbots!
 Another item I've been searching for is a great pair of floral pants. In fact, these pants to be exact.  I thought I would never find them but this is the very reason I'm in love with true outlet stores.  I first spied these on friend and fellow blogger Allison of Wardrobe Oxygen (here and here). As you can see she bought her pants last spring.  I was sure I'd never find them, since they were sold out online, in my size.  Well, floral pants are still going strong and I found them at the Talbots outlet last weekend!


First try at a bouquet for our Women of Honor.
 You knew I'd throw in some kind of wedding thing.  All of the last minute things really are dominating my thoughts lately.  I spied a Christmas ball wedding bouquet on Facebook a while back and loved the idea.  This was my first try. I will be making some changes but I like the look enough to know we are going with this type of design.



A fun new 3D gift from Klout and Geico.
 When you are blogging you get all sorts of fun gifts.  This one came in the mail a couple weeks ago. It was a gift through Klout from Geico (of all places).  I love this cool, 3D stand up of my twitter handle and blog name.  It's going in my office in a place of honor.


Screaming Skull necklace from JewelMint.
 In order to reduce my monthly spending, I've cancelled all of my "subscriptions".  I won't be getting monthly goodies from JewelMint any longer.  This cool skull necklace (Screaming Skull Necklace) was my final purchase.  It's a fun addition to my jewelry and it's the right size to wear on any occasion.  Not too big, not too small.
 

After wedding makeover project - thrifted bedside tables.
I've been hunting for new bedside tables for months now.  I say new but I've been checking the furniture section of every thrift store I've walked into, over the last six months.  Our current bedside tables are from IKEA.  I love IKEA but I've had them forever (about 12 years).  They've seen better days and we needed a change.  Thrift stores can yield high quality furniture just begging for a makeover.  This weekend, while looking for more glasses for our wedding table decor, {msL} and I found these bedside tables.  The tops are scratched and the drawers were dusty inside, like they'd been stored for a long time.  At closer inspection I realized they were solid wood, no press board, with dovetailed drawers (a sign of good quality).  They weren't cheap, at $25 each, but they were a bargain for solid wood bedside tables that had everything we wanted (drawers and a book shelf).  I found them at Goodwill in Alexandria, my favorite local Goodwill. The store was even running a deal. If you spent $50 or more, they'd give you a coupon good for 50% your purchase over the next week.  Score!  I haven't decided how to make them over yet, but I definitely won't get to them until after April 13.

 I hope your shopping, fashion and thrifting is going well.  Happy Monday! 




Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...