Thursday, February 14, 2013

Fall 2013 Fashion Week Highs and Lows

Don't worry, I still love you all and haven't dropped off the face of the earth.  I've been crazy busy for the last two weeks.  My paying job is sucking my time.  It's also a sad week for me. My Dad passed away 4 years ago tomorrow.  Fortunately, fashion can always make me smile.  During the NY Fashion Week shows, some looks have made me cheer and others made me shake my head.  Since I don't have time to put together a proper post, I thought I'd share a few of my faves from Fashion Week. There were some great new ideas (Victoria Beckham's tuxedo jacket/cape hybrid). There were trends I like (lots of layers and leather) and some things that make me go ugh (mini skirts and super baggy ensembles). Items like these will be hitting the stores this fall. Remember, NY Fashion week is about 6 months ahead of the stores.  Buyers attend and select what will be in stores come fall. Enjoy!


3.1 Phillip Lim - Fantastic Blue Suit

Derek Lam - Flowy Purple Dress

3.1 Phillip Lim - Leather Jacket

Derek Lam - Leather Skirt

Proenza Schouler - Black and White: Great Pants, Coat and Shoes

Victoria Beckham - Tuxedo Cape

Vera Wang - Sparkly Top and Great Color Combinations

Proenza Schouler - Feather Skirt, Fancy/Casual

alice + olivia - Quilted Leather Jacket and Tutu

BCBG Max Azria - Leather and Fabric Jacket
Badgley Mischka - Green Sequin Gown

photo credit: All photos from nymag.com




Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...