Wednesday, January 16, 2013

DIY Inspiration - feathers, tulle and skulls OH MY!

I warned you it was a DIY week. I'm always collecting DIY inspiration. I pull images from magazines, save photos on my phone and pin ideas on Pinterest. Creativity is always running through my veins and my head. It's impossible to turn it off. Lately I've been inspired by all sorts of things.



 An easy and amazing way to update vintage clip earrings.  The soft fabric gives already dramatic earrings even more pop.


 Because we are using lots of peacock feathers in our wedding, I've been collecting ideas for boutonnieres and bouquets. Curling the feathers makes them even more striking, if that's possible.  I found this tutorial with tips on curling feathers.


A fun, easy and inexpensive sweatshirt idea.  I just need a cheap sweatshirt, stencil or a stamp and some paint.  You know I'm obsessed with skulls.


We're incorporating lots of music and rock n' roll touches into our wedding.  I've been collecting lyrics to incorporate into the wedding decor.


A tulle skirt has been on my list for ages.  I definitely need to make one immediately.  This post by Cotton and Curls even has a pattern! Now I have no excuses, except time.



As part of my new year, new exercise, I've started taking yoga classes.  This upcycled yoga mat carrier is genius.  I definitely have both of the things I need for this project!  I need to get rid of my old bras anyway.

Have you had any creative inspirations lately?




Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...