Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Work Day to Date Night the Easy Way

Long commutes and a long work day, usually mean that if I have plans after work, I won't have time to go home and change. I like to create outfits that are work appropriate but also easy to transition to an evening out. I've managed to score us tickets to a movie screening of the upcoming release, Hit & Run with Kristen Bell and Bradley Cooper. It will be a fun date night and I want to look great. So too my closet I went. Most of the time all you need to transition from day to night is an evening bag, some amped up make-up and a little shift in your outfit.



Work Day to Date Night




I'm fortunate to work in a relaxed office where many styles of dress are accepted. I love my trouser jeans because the dark wash gives them a dress pants look. In many offices, jeans aren't acceptable on any day but Friday. If jeans don't fit at your office, you could go for a pair of trousers or ankle pants. I like the idea of pairing them with a sequin tank. I'll cover it with a draped, cropped, blazer for the office and take it off after work. I grabbed some of my favorite jewelry that works day or night and my new favorite leopard heels. A studded top handle bag is perfect for day but I'll switch to a smaller clutch for evening. The studs will toughen up the pretty sequin tank. I'll change my lipstick from a subtle nude for day to a deep fuchsia for night and I'll add a bit more dark eyeliner for a smokey look. Those simple changes will take me from office to evening. So easy!



Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...