Tuesday, December 21, 2010

These Boots Were Made for Bikin'

Buying tall boots is always a difficult process for me.  You see, I'm calf challenged.  I have always had large calves. In high school I was subjected to the humiliation (not that there was only one) of paying the shoe repair shop to add elastic to the calf of my band boots. Usually, when I find a pair of great boots, the calf is too small.

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to take a little trip to DSW in search of some tall leather boots. I have a suede pair but they aren't the best for wet weather. I searched up and down the aisles looking for boots with a large calf. I pulled ten, count 'em 10 pairs of boots off the shelves to try.  Of those ten, two zipped up and looked good. Now you understand my plight. I liked those two but I wasn't in love. One more trip down the aisles and I spotted a pair that had straps and a biker look to them. The top of the boot folded in and the straps were adjustable. I was in love with the boots but would they fit?

YAAAY!! They fit.


Two Lips Jolt boots in black
 I love the biker look and the distressed leather. I'm sorry for the picture quality. These boots aren't available on the DSW website.  I got them at a store location for $89.  I've worn them six times already. I'm sure I'll get my money's worth. They are available online from Zappos, Endless, and 6pm for over $100.

Coming soon....my least expensive biker boot purchase to date. My $22, biker inspired rain boots from Forever21. I checked the measurements and measured my legs. They should fit and are on the way to me as I type.
I got a little bonus from work this month. With that excuse, plus my birthday, I splurged a little.


Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...